Words of Wisdom
“The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on — it is never of any use to oneself.” –Oscar Wilde
1. An excellent rationale for buying things you probably shouldn’t be is “I don’t have children to support”.
2. If you do have children, I guess try “I need to take care of me so I can take care of them“? I don’t know, you made your own bed on this one.
3. If a restaurant does both sushi and Chinese, do not eat at that restaurant.
4. Don’t be rude to your waiter. They’re just doing their job, which probably sucks. And, hello, they can fuck with your food.
5. People who are condescending to waiters and customer-service people are not good people.
6. Take the stairs.
7. Why are you making “save the trees” signs. . . on paper?
8. I know clouds in your coffee are pretty and mesmerizing. But, heat your milk in your cup before you put the coffee in — then heat doesn’t escape through cold ceramic or cold milk. I know. Life-changing.
9. I feel like I shouldn’t have to explain this, but apparently I do: if that guy you meet at the bar says you have beautiful eyes. . . . he doesn’t mean it. And he’s unoriginal.